Tuesday 30 April 2013

Miracle: Twins Born 87 Days Apart

Defying the odds: Twins Katie (left) and Amy (right) arrived a staggering 87 days apart after their mother's contractions stopped after Amy was born
Maria went into labour four months early, giving birth to Amy and amazingly Katie arrived nearly three months later.

Their incredible birth is now set to become a Guinness World Record as the 'longest interval between the birth of twins'
Maria, 34, of Glenmore, Co Kilkenny, said: 'I call the girls our little miracles because they are. 
'As I held Amy for the first time I stroked my bump and prayed to God for a miracle.
Please continue after the cut...


'I just wanted my girls to be together and safe and well. 
'Usually you experience nothing but joy at the birth of a new baby, but it was so achingly bittersweet as both of their lives hung in the balance. 
'Amy was fighting for life in an incubator and Katie was struggling to survive in my womb.
'It was the hardest three months of our lives. But my husband Chris kept saying: "Where there's life there's hope"


Miracles really do happen!

1 comment:

  1. He is the God of impossibilities. That's why he is called, God of great wonders.

    ReplyDelete